News Regarding Daniel A. Schulke’s The Green Mysteries

News Regarding Daniel A. Schulke’s The Green Mysteries

On October 15, Three Hands Press will announce Daniel A. Schulke’s Arcana Viridia (The Green Mysteries) for pre-order. This substantial book is a comprehensive occult herbal treating the powers of plants in traditional magic, sorcery, religion, and folklore. More than a collation of that which has gone before, it offers a fresh approach to the plant mysteries, and is a groundbreaking work of botanical hermeneutics which has been in development for the past quarter century. At over 600 pages in total, it is the most complex work Three Hands Press has yet undertaken. It will be offered in four editions, from trade bindings to the fine leather editions Three Hands Press are well known for.

Due to its novel esoteric approach and rigorous demand for inspired imagery, Three Hands Press contracted artist Benjamin A. Vierling to painstakingly render over 250 original illustrations for the work, in both black ink and color. This suite of images, itself 5 years in the making, is unique in the fields of botanical and occult illustration and will offer a potent legacy for plant researchers.

One of the many pictures from the book is the enigmatic plant Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) which adorns the cover of AUSPICES volume 6. This full color 16-page bulletin features an extensive interview with Benjamin about his original work for The Green Mysteries, and includes a sneak peek of several captivating images from that volume. AUSPICES 6 has just emerged from the presses and will be shipping out with all new orders. If you would like a copy of AUSPICES 6 but are not ordering books, these may be ordered separately for $15.00 each, which includes shipping to any destination. Click here to order AUSPICES 6.

As part of the pre-release activities for this book, Daniel and Benjamin will be presenting this year at the Esoteric Book Conference on the genesis of the work, discussing its conception, emergence and reification in both text and image. The lecture will include extensive visual media and will place The Green Mysteries in the context of the esoteric tradition of the illuminated herbal.

Adjunctive to the lecture will be an exhibition of a selection of original images drawn for the book, all exhibiting the occult symbolism deeply embedded within Benjamin’s renderings. These images will be available for purchase by interested parties. Additionally, a small number of Benjamin’s full-color silkscreened poster entitled NATVRA will be offered at the conference on a first come, first served basis. Taken from The Green Mysteries corpus of images, it portrays the the verdant and deified spirit of Nature, gilt with the radiance of the mysteries of the wild. Please note, the poster is only available at launch events related to The Green Mysteries.

Further information regarding this title will be filtering out, please return for updates. If you wish to receive the official announcement of the work, please make certain you are on our mailing list to be notified in the most expedient manner.

16 Comments

1. Dana Lundin 1 year ago

This sounds like a wonderful book! I am excited to have it in my own hands soon.

2. Gotta remember this one. 🙂

3. Jon Cohorn 1 year ago

Quite excited for this release, and am looking forward to receiving the preview in Auspices! This makes me even more disappointed that I won’t be able to make the EBC this time around.

4. Melissa Artemisia 1 year ago

Greetings –
    Is it possible to get in a mailing list for pre- orders of this title?
    I’ve been patiently checking this site for updates.
    Thanks, Artemisia

• Daniel Schulke 1 year ago

Hi Artemisia:- Joining our subscriber list may be done by following the SUBSCRIBE link at the top of the screen.

5. Richard Shwe 1 year ago

Really excited about this one!Now can I afford a fine edition…?😉

• Daniel Schulke 1 year ago

Absolutely! We have postponed our pre-order announcement of this book until Friday, October 21, at which time all editions including several fine editions will be offered for pre-order.

• Jon Casey 1 year ago

Thanks for letting us know. I’m looking -very forward to this book!

• Jon Cohorn 1 year ago

Thanks for this info! I’ve been obsessively checking my email since shortly after midnight last night. Greatly looking forward to the release of this book, and enjoyed the preview and interview offered in the newest Auspices.

6. Katherine 1 year ago

I’m interested in a copy too..

7. uncultivatedgarden 1 year ago

I’m looking forward to having a copy..

8. Mark Williams 12 months ago

So i thought today October 21, 2016 we could order The Green Mysteries Arcana Viridia.. I have vchecked Three hands Press site several times today and its obvious the book will not be released again today. Its becoming very frustrating. Daniel if your out there please give us some feedback.

• Daniel Schulke 12 months ago

Dear Mark, The announcement went live at 12:00 noon PST today. The book is now listed for pre-order on our website.

9. Richard Shwe 12 months ago

Just ordered my copy,thank you so much for providing such awesome material!

10. Artemisia 12 months ago

Hello,
    I’ve placed my order for the Standard Edition & I’m excited! I usually buy my Three Hands Press books from other publishing houses, Mr. Schulke’s books especially. Thanks for making this book affordable & accessible
    Cheers, Melissa Artemisia

11. Dani Jones 12 months ago

Greetings, I have now secured a very nice edition and a hardcover for everyday reading and field work. A thrill does await. Thank you Mr. Schulke for your hard work and giving us the opportunity to reap benefit from it. Blessings